AMSYSCO, Inc. can help your construction project fulfill federally-mandated Minority Business Enterprise participation. Whereas we seek business based on our quality and expertise in the post-tensioning industry, AMSYSCO can assist your company in reaching your project’s MBE goals.
Click here for our MBE-Certs-CHI-IN-KY-WV-S.IN-TN-WI MBE CERTIFICATES (PDF File 1MB). Currently, our company is registered in the following areas:
- Northern Illinois, Northern Indiana (Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council)
- Central Indiana (Indiana Minority Supplier Development Council)
- Kentucky, Southern Indiana, West Virginia (Tri-State Minority Supplier Development Council)
- Tennessee (Tennessee Minority Supplier Development Council)
- Wisconsin (Wisconsin Department of Commerce – Minority Business Development)
According to Wikipedia,
A Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) is an American term which is defined as a business which is at least 51% owned, operated and controlled on a daily basis by one or more (in combination) American citizens of the following ethnic minority classifications:
- African American
- Asian American (includes West Asian Americans (India, etc.) and East Asian Americans( Japan, Korea, etc.)
- Hispanic American – not of the Iberian peninsula.
- Native American including Aleuts
MBE’s can be self identified, but are typically certified by a city, state or federal agency. The predominant certifier for minority businesses is the National Minority Supplier Development Council with its 35-40 regional affiliates.
Copyright © 2010 by AMSYSCO, Inc. All rights reserved.